1. Introduction and General Terms
In order to provide you with the full range of services, we are sometimes required to collect information about you.
- what information Robinsons may collect about you;
- how Robinsons will use information we collect about you;
- when Robinsons may use your details to contact you;
- whether Robinsons will disclose your details to anyone else;
- your choices regarding the personal information you have provided to us;
The website contains hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties. These third party websites have their own privacy policies and we urge you to review them. They will govern the use of personal information you submit or are collected whilst visiting these websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk.
2. What information will Robinsons collect about me?
When you complete our enquiry form or request further information about our services, we may ask for personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, e mail address, postal address, telephone or mobile number together with information about where you are moving to.
By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable Robinsons to provide you with the services you select.
3. How will Robinsons use the information they collect about me?
Robinsons will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- for “service administration purposes”, which means that Robinsons may contact you for reasons related to the service you have requested
- to contact you about a submission you have made to the websites, including any content you provide.
- IP addresses are used to identify the location of users, the number of visits from different countries
- to analyse and improve the services offered RobinsonsRelo.com to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience.
Where Robinsons anticipate using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for your use other than as listed above.
4. When will Robinsons contact me?
Robinsons may contact you:
- in relation to the enquiry of any service you have requested in order to provide our services to you;
- where you have opted to receive further correspondence;
- to invite you to participate in surveys about Robinsons services (participation is always voluntary); and
- for marketing purposes where you have specifically agreed to this.
5. Will Robinsons share my personal information with anyone else?
We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies).
6. How long will Robinsons keep my personal information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant service.
7. Can I find out what personal information Robinsons holds about me?
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to request a copy of the personal information Robinsons holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. We will require you to prove your identity with 2 pieces of approved photographic identification. We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files.
9. Cookies Policy – Information Robinsons collects from you
a. What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer or mobile phone (referred to here as a “device”) browser from a website’s computer and is stored on your device’s hard drive. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites. Many sites do this whenever a user visits their website in order to track online traffic flows.
Cookies record information about your online preferences and allow us to tailor the websites to your interests. Users have the opportunity to set their devices to accept all cookies, to notify them when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
Information supplied by cookies can help us to analyse the profile of our visitors and help us to provide you with a better user experience.